More Information About TAMU Collaborative Learning Center
Tuition and Fees
Full Day Tuition
$775 per month
There is a $75 per month discount per family with 2 children attending CLC full-day
Half-day and afterschool programs coming Fall 2020.
Fall or spring semester: $75 per Child
due August 1st / January 1st
Summer session: $50 per child
due June-August 1st
6:00-6:10 pm cost: $1.00 per minute
6:10-6:20 pm cost: $2.50 per minute
6:20 pm or later cost: $5 per minute
- Tuition is due on first day of each month.
- If a child does not attend for any reason, tuition will not be prorated or reduced.
- Payments are addressed to TAMU CLC. There will be a $25.00 nonrefundable fee due to CLC for any payment that is returned.
- A fee of $10.00 per day will be assessed for late payments unless the first day of the month occurs on Saturday or Sunday.
- Tuition is based on business expenses required to provide high quality care for our staff, families and children and to maintain consistency in staffing and programming.
- Currently, we are establishing electronic options for automatic payment notices, retrieval of your personal account information, and online payment of tuition/fees for your convenience. These options will be available by June 1.
Holidays and Weather Closures
Advance reminders about holidays/closures will be posted on website and included on monthly school calendar that will be sent home at the beginning of each month. There is no proration in tuition for holidays.
CLC will be closed on the following days: Holiday Dates 2020
- Martin Luther King Day, Monday, January 20
- President’s Day, Monday, February 17
- Spring Break, Thursday and Friday, March 19-20
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 25
- Independence Day, Friday, July 3
- Labor Day, Monday, September 7
- Columbus Day, Monday, October 12
- Veteran’s Day, Wednesday, November 11
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 25
- Thanksgiving Holidays, Thursday and Friday, November 26-27
- Christmas Holidays, Thursday and Friday, December 24-25
- New Year’s Eve, Thursday and Friday, December 31 and January 1
Caregivers will be notified by text or email when closure of CLC is needed due to inclement weather conditions that threaten the safety of staff and families and children. CLC will follow the College Station Independent School District closures for inclement weather. Announcements will be provided on local television news broadcasts.
Comfort and Clothing
Children at CLC will be moving and actively engaging in activities that often involve materials that could be messy. Children will be experimenting, learning through discovery and application, and having fun!
- Clothing: Please send children in comfortable, washable clothing appropriate for movement and activity-based learning experiences.
- Shoes: Children should wear tennis shoes or sandals that protect their feet and allow movement without stumbling.
To avoid injury during activities, no open-toe shoes, strappy sandals, or flip-flops will be permitted. No boots will be permitted unless they have soft rubber soles and no large metal buckles or decor.
- Personal Items: No personal blankets, toys, or stuffed animals will be allowed into CLC due to requirements by state licensing and health regulations.
- All persons entering and departing CLC will check in with the office and be subjected to register using fingerprint technology that records date/time of entry or departure.
- Identification will be required for persons picking up a child. Registration forms require legal guardians/caregivers to provide name, vehicle ID/license number, and driver’s license number of approved persons that may visit or pick up a child.
- No person will be allowed to visit or pick up a child without written prior notification via text/email and confirmation by phone from legal guardian/caregiver.
- Caregivers will be notified in advance if there are any changes in schedules or special visitors to our school.
- No children will be included in photographs or videos taken by visitors or other caregivers whose children attend CLC without written permission from legal guardian/caregiver.
- CLC staff and children will participate in practice safety drills required by the state. Caregivers will be notified of dates/times on a monthly calendar provided by CLC.
Health and Wellness
Illness and Injury
- Children may not attend CLC if they have symptoms of developing or existing illness that include either/or fever above normal, signs of infection or virus (vomiting, diarrhea, persistence hacking or coughing, nasal discharge, pain or discomfort).
- Children recovering from illness must remain at home for one full day with no fever or symptoms related to illness.
- If a child becomes ill at school caregivers will be notified immediately by phone, text and/or email. Caregivers must pick up child immediately to protect the health and safety of others.
- In the event of an illness or injury caregivers will be notified by phone and text/email immediately. Also, an Injury Report Form will be sent home that describes the event, illness symptoms or injury, and staff/child responses.
- Minor accidents or injuries such as scrapes, bumps, or bruises will be treated with first aid provided by CLC staff. Caregivers will be notified.
- In the event of a serious accident or injury EMS will be called, CLC staff will respond within the limits of their first aid and CPR training, and caregivers will be notified immediately. Caregivers will assume responsibility for medical treatment and expenses.
- All medications (over-the-counter medicines, lotions or ointments, or prescriptions) must be HANDED TO A STAFF along with a completed form, Permission to Administer Medication. The form must be dated and signed by the legal guardian/caregiver.
- Each medication will require a separate completed form.
- Medications must be in original containers with current expiration dates.
- All medications, dosages or applications, will be administered according to specific directions on the label. There are no exceptions regarding administration without written and signed/dated medical directives from a physician.
- Staff will document date/times when medications are applied or given.
- All medications will be kept in a locked storage area accessible only to CLC Staff and medications will be returned daily to caregiver
Dietary Restrictions and Allergies
- Children bring their lunch. Due to increased risks due to allergies, all snacks and drinks provided by CLC will be prepackaged. Ingredients will be monitored closely for the health and safety of every child.
- Snack menus will be posted on the website and in the office for your review.
- Special dietary restrictions or allergies must be reported to CLC Staff in writing on the registration form.
- Caregivers must describe, advise, and demonstrate any treatment or necessary response that may be needed for ensure a child’s well-being and comfort and for any event such as reactions from allergies, diabetes, or seizures.
Personal Items Provided by Caregivers
- Every day: Send child’s lunch. CLC provides nutritious pre-packaged snacks every morning and afternoon. CLC also provides drinks, cups, plates, utensils and napkins.
- Monday: Send a bath towel for rest time. Use permanent marker to add child’s name on all belongings.
- Friday: Nap towels will be sent home for laundering.
- Upon entry: Provide an extra set of comfortable, washable clothing including underpants, shirt, pant or shorts, and socks.
Licensing and Regulations
TAMU CLC will be licensed and governed by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).Current reports for inspections and licensing will be posted in the office along with contact information for submitting comments/complaints to HHS.
Copies of the Texas Guidelines for Childcare may be accessed, reviewed and downloaded by clicking here: https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care/